Friday, November 7, 2008

Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day


Wow, is this a great holiday or what?!?!?! Lucky you....lucky me...lucky us!
Chocolate is a vegetable (and I've been craving vegetables) made from cocoa beans. Almonds are good for you - they help to improve your cholesterol levels. So, bittersweet chocolate with almonds is good for you, right!? On this special day, we will not question this logic...will you?

One good thing about sitting in a hotel room is that you can't just get up, wander over to your refrigerator and graze for something. I have been having a slight craving for some chocolate though and didn't know what I was going to do. I'm sitting around in my undersquare chillin(to say it's chilly outside would be an understatement at this time. The wind chill got to 12 degrees last night and the wind has been blowing 450 mph today) and watching TV, so getting dressed and going somewhere for chocolate just was gonna be too much trouble. Fortunately for me though, I remembered a small Hershey bar I got somewhere for Halloween. It's been riding around in my purse for the last week. So yes, I ate it. However, it wasn't large enough or had nuts either. But beggars can't be choosers though. Hey, did you know that chocolate is said to cure all things, including depression. That's it, I'm missing Joe bunches and am feeling slightly depressed. I knew I needed some chocolate.
Then I decided to blog and found out that today is really Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day! Is that kismet or what? Now I know the reason for my chocolate craving. I apparently am so in contact with the flow of the universe that my body can sense it. However, I guess I will now have to settle for the picture of the chocolate with chopped almonds.

No comments:

Post a Comment