Saturday, November 22, 2008

Day 3...And Counting

Yes, I know I missed Day 4...And Counting. However, there just wasn't enough time yesterday to do everything that needed to get done and posting a blog wasn't going to happen.

It was another crazy day of packing more things and then running errands in the afternoon before I went to Valdosta. Valdosta? Yep, some of the ladies who used to be on my Air Force Project wanted to take me to dinner one last time, therefore, that was the reason for skipping town. It was really wonderful to see the girls. Some of them I had not seen in over a year and it was a get together for them as well. It was a great evening of fellowshipping and being able to relieve shared experiences. Besides buying my dinner, they also presented me with a card and cash for the upcoming trip. More importantly though to me was their expressing what a difference I'd made in their lives. But, I am the lucky one for having had the opportunity of working with them and getting to know them.

Present at the dinner was Yvette, Norma, Clarissa, Kim and Evelyn from the AFQFCC program.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as today...it was an "ugly" day. I put on sweatpants and a sweatshirt, I think I brushed my hair, ran around barefoot and had people coming and going all day long taking things out. I am so tired of packing and feel as though I could sleep ALL DAY LONG!!! I do appreciate everyone though that has come and helped us get ready for the move even if it's been taking things you may not want or need.

This evening the Ritchie family provided dinner for us and it was so wonderful! I can't remember when dinner was more appreciated and more desired than tonight. Kristina did an awesome dinner, complete with more "Ritchie Rolls" and we certainly appreciated Glen delivering it to us with his two little helpers. Aren't friends wonderful?

No comments:

Post a Comment