Monday, November 10, 2008

The Prodigal Wife and Daughter Almost Returns









When I left Denver International Airport this morning, it was another clear cold day with no snow. Snow had been in the forecast for several days, but I suppose since I was in town Mother Nature decided to hold off - again.
I stayed in a Microtel Hotel near the airport last night. That was an experience. The room was nice, don't get me wrong it was just very, very small. It was just big enough for one person. If I'd had to stay in a room like that for too long a period, it might have driven me crazy. Hence the name Microtel as in Micromini Motel.

No problems with the flights though today. I still am awed about flying even after all the flights I've taken. I just don't see how a plane can fly loaded down with all those people and luggage and the pilot sits way up at the front. It just doesn't seem possible. And, I still thrill sitting on the runway and listening to the engines rev up just before we taxi. It is such an exhilarating feeling.

On the job front - I got a phone call from the oil field company. They are emailing me paperwork and other information the want from me. So, I'm still in the running for that job at this time. And, tomorrow I have my phone interview with the lawyers in Laramie in the morning.

As much as I love travel and adventure, I am so looking forward to being home tomorrow. I've missed Joe more than I ever thought possible and don't want to ever be away from him this long again.

No comments:

Post a Comment