Sunday, December 28, 2008

We're Having A Heat Wave...

Yes, we were having a "heat wave" here today. It is even now a balmy 36 degrees, but the wind is blowing about 36 mph making the windchill 24 degrees. That's the warmest weather we've had in awhile.

And, it'll get even better tomorrow - 47 degrees. The weather seems to play such an important part of our lives here. While living in Georgia, I never thought much about it unless it was going to rain or be hot and then dress or prepare appropriately. It's not rained here since we moved here so I've used no umbrella, but then that probably wouldn't do much good if the wind blew at the same time. I might look like a chunky Mary Poppins trying to hang on to my umbrella!

I'm hoping the good weather holds out though since this will be the week that we are planning on going to visit the kids. We'll be checking out the weather very closely from both ends to see if we get to go. There's a lot of miles between here and Orem with varying degrees of terrain.

3 comments:

  1. Spring will come, spring will come, spring will come..maybe you need to get a digital frame with pictures of sunny days at the beach. Just remember no gnats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. or fireants or roaches in my house or mosquitoes since the wind must blow them away or they get frozen out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brother and Sister Weaver,

    We miss you two!!! We drove around Omega and almost pulled into the drive way, man... We hope all is going well. Carol, I had the same experiences when I moved to Utah. No one told you all of the bad things that happen, but still, it was worth it. I loved living there. I loved the snow and mountains.

    See ya,
    Write soon!

    Love,
    The Thibault family

    ReplyDelete