Thursday, December 18, 2008

First View of the Big Horns

I forgot to mention that yesterday I had my first clear view of the Big Horn Mountains from the vantage point outside of my office. I was surprised to learn that as clear as they were, they were still about 80 miles away from us. In case you didn't know, they are located in north-central Wyoming and are a sister range of the Rocky Mountains and are conveniently located half-way between Mt. Rushmore and Yellowstone National Park. No region in Wyoming is provided with a more diverse landscape -- from lush grasslands to alpine meadows, from crystal-clear lakes to glacial carved valleys, from rolling hills to sheer mountain walls. You can be sure that when the weather turns nicer, i.e., warmer, that will be one of the places we go to visit.

I got my first Wyoming paycheck today. Yeah!!! But then I also got my first Wyoming tires for my car as well as some car repairs. Boo, but at least I have a more secure way to drive down the icy or snowy roads and that makes it much safer for everyone.

This was a very fast week for me at work. It's nice to go to work and stay busy...makes the week go by much faster. And I love the three day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment