Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Field Trip No. 3

This time the field trip was a ride along with Trina to do water samples at various shops in the field. One of the places we went to was the Science area. I walked in and saw lots and lots of fossils. These were fossils of ancient fish and sea life that is being chiseled out of slate like rock. How cool is that?! It was so fantastic being able to pick up pieces and touching the fossilized fish!

Most of my day was spent in the lower office where we had a Christmas Pot Luck Dinner and two meetings throughout the day. I took my crock pot full of red beans and rice and it was a success since it was all eaten. Many of the employees had never had any before, but said they liked it and I was a keeper since I could obviously cook. Huh...little do they know!

2 comments:

  1. Was it a mix or an original recipe? I'll have to send some pecans so you can make a pecan pie or those wonderful pecan muffins that taste just like the pie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a mix - five boxes worth, but I added browned sausage, bell pepper and onions and instant rice.

    ReplyDelete