Saturday, December 20, 2008

Almost Got It Together


Got up this morning trying to make some more headway on getting the house organized. And, I am making progress or I was until I had to stop, take a shower and get Joe to the hospital for a lab workup and and EKG. That was fun. Even though the hospital is less than a mile from our home (that's wonderful in case we have an emergency, huh?), it was so flippin' cold. 2 degrees to be exact. That meant we suited up in our boots, hats, thick coats and gloves. Joe really does look cute in his little pull on wool beanie and his rosy red cheeks. Sorry, I digressed.

As we were leaving the hospital and was on the elevator to try and find our car, a nurse got on. We asked her which floor we should get off on. After she replied, I mentioned that she didn't sound like she was from around her and she said "no, she was from Georgia". We told her that we were too and asked her from where. She replied, "Tifton". Can you believe that?! We told her we'd moved from Omega and she commented that she thought I looked familiar, but I didn't know her and don't remember her name. But, it just goes to show you that the world is getting smaller all the time, isn't it?


(Found out today, while standing around reading bulletin boards, that Wyoming Medical Center is #2 in the U.S. for quickly caring for emergency patients).

No comments:

Post a Comment