Friday, December 19, 2008

At My Wit's End!!!


I have just about lost all patience with the electronic age. As you know, two weeks after our move, my Georgia computer quite working for some reason. (Maybe it was it's way of protesting the move to cold Wyoming). I finally went and got a new computer a week ago and things are still not working as they should.

- Some computer geek dude who diagnosed the demise of my Georgia computer now says he cannot install my email contact list onto my Wyoming computer. He says he'll put it all on a disk. However, he's yet to bring by the disk although he calls and says he is. Yeah, right. He'd better get his scrawny butt here sometime in the next week or he may not have such a merry Christmas!

- I was told to get a high powered power strip for my new computer and its accessories. I did and guess what??? it didn't work! So back to the store it went for a refund since I found a strip I already have.

- I had to buy an adapter for my 3 1/2" floppy disks and I can't upload/download pictures. I took the port thing back today on another trip and was informed it was too small in power. So I bought a higher powered one and got a refund on that.

- Came home and guess what that port works, but the 3 1/2" floppy thingy doesn't! I want to post my pictures!

Guess who will be making ANOTHER trip to the computer store tomorrow?!?!?!?! In subzero temperatures too!

3 comments:

  1. If you got a new computer, why are you still worrying about your 3x5 floppies. Is it because you still have that camera that uses them? Do you have a jump drive...otherwise known as a flash drive or portable data storage device...You can save anything to it just like you would have to a floppy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, it's pictures from my larger camera. It's a good camera, what can I say?

    I've also got to figure out how to get pictures off the memory stick. Help?!

    And yes, I do miss you guys especially when it comes to my computer needs. Hopefully, I've almost got everything squared away. Once I get my contact list going again, I think I may be in business (crossed fingers).

    ReplyDelete