Friday, August 8, 2008

Wedding Proposal Weekend - July 2004

These are pictures taken the evening before Joe proposed marriage to me. Corey, his girlfriend, Ashley, and I had come down to see Joe at his apartment in Edgewater, Florida. We had all gone out to dinner and then down to the beach to watch the sunset.

I was taking Joe home that weekend to have him meet all the family members. We decided to drive home along A1A along the beach since the view is so incredible. Joe suggested that we stop at Washington Oaks State Park and spend a little time since I'd never been there and it is a very beautiful botanical garden by the ocean.

Unbeknown to me, Joe had told Corey and Ashley that he was going to propose to me. Joe knew that I love gazebos and there is a beautiful one in the park and that's where he was going to propose. We did stop at the park, we did walk through the gardens admiring all the blooming flowers and then happened to come upon the gazebo to "stop and get out of the heat for a couple of minutes". That's when he popped the question and I said "yes" and the rest is history.

No comments:

Post a Comment