Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Hangin' With The Horsey People


This ticket is from the first horseshow I'd ever been to and the only one since.

According to the back of the ticket, I went with my best friend, Ricki MacPherson to Garden State Raceway in Cherry Hill, New Jersey on September 25, 1971 to a real live horseshow. This was during the time that Dad was stationed at McGuire AFB and we lived up there for about a year.

This was a very "laudy-da" affair with the horses show jumping over gates, doing dressage, English riding, side saddle, etc.

It was the kind of event that you did not show up wearing jeans and a tee shirt. I thoroughly enjoyed myself as I'd always loved horses though I'd never ridden one.

This venue was located near the most fantastic mall I'd ever been to at that time - Cherry Hill Mall. It was the kind of place, even at that time before mega malls, that you could spend ALL day looking around. It had fantastic restaurants, cheese shops, clothing stores, etc. Ricki and I used to spend a lot of time hanging out in it on the weekends when we weren't working.

No comments:

Post a Comment