Thursday, August 28, 2008

Our First Pictures of Derek - 2/10/08



These are the first pictures sent to us after Derek was born February 10, 2008. These are my comments I sent to friends to announce his arrival...

Yes, I am finally a grandmother - or as we're to be known...Grandma Carol and Grandpa Joe per the kids!

Derek Franklin Preston FINALLY arrived late last night after a very long exciting day. He weighed 9 lbs. 6 oz., 21" long and a headful of red hair and dimples on both sides of his cheeks. In the words of Corey "you couldn't put another hair on his head if you tried". Derek apparently has inherited the "Cattell" genes also as Corey says Derek looks just like his granddaddy.

Nikki started having contractions on Saturday night, went to the hospital Sunday morning and wound up having to have a c-section after pushing for most of the night with no success. It was a long evening for Joe and me especially being this far away. Utah never seemed so far away as last night! Everyone is doing well.

Pictures will follow as soon as I learn to download them from my phone. So until later, I remain Grandma Carol!!!
(So, here it is six months later and I finally have managed to put first pictures of Derek on my blog and he was primarily the reason for the blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment