Friday, August 8, 2008

Famemonosity Continued...

Well, I've thought of more famous people that I've either met or saw in person...

  • The guy who plays the very evil, never dying, Stefano Dimiro on "Days of Our Lives" at the Ocilla Sweet Potato Festival;

  • The Bee Gees on their last world tour. I was 27 years old and married and went with a couple of girlfriends. I cannot believe it, but I screamed and cried just like a teenage groupie. It was just so fantastic seeing them in person;

  • Diamond Rio at Wild Adventures in Valdosta;

  • Chicago in Jacksonville;

  • Simon and Garfunkle in Atlanta. I took Corey for his birthday present and it was one of the most fantastic concerts I've ever been to;

  • Elton John in Albany. I took Corey for his 18th birthday present and had made arrangements with Sir Elton's manager for him to sing "Happy Birthday" to Corey as a surprise. However, he called a few days before the concert and said it wouldn't be possible because then it might become a problem having to honor other requests. Sorry Corey, but I tried.

  • I dated one of the members of the rock group "The Young Rascals" back in the early 70's. Even looking at this picture, I can't recall which guy it was.

  • When I was young and we were living in Virginia, I remember meeting, and spending time at their homes, John Glenn, Scott Carpenter and Gordon Cooper's homes;
  • Saw Jimmy Carter when he was running for President.

  • I have met many, many general authorities also including President Harold B. Lee and President Gordon B. Hinckley; and
  • I also met and had lunch with Presidential candidate John McCain. I was living in Jacksonville at the time working for a Ford dealership. The Vietnam War was coming to an end and the prisoners of war had been released. Ford was giving each POW a new car to drive upon their return. John McCain was one of the returned POW's and my boss took me to lunch with John McCain to make the arrangments for his car.

No comments:

Post a Comment