Friday, April 20, 2012

How's 2012 Working Out?


I just don't seem to have the time to do what I want to do and if I have the time I don't seem to have the energy.  Before you know if, the year will be over and I'll have to put some of those same ole things on my list again.

Here I am.  Four months into the new year.  Where has the time gone?  What have I accomplished that I wanted to do and still want to do?

Things such as...
  • I would love to have the energy to get up each and every morning before Joe starts his day and just take a walk all by myself.  Then come back for a nice little breakfast while reading my scriptures and/or my Ensign and a hot shower and then get ready for work.  I would love to lose half of my body weight.
  • I would love to blog everyday.  My mind gets so full of things I'd love to say, that I'd love to record, that I'd love to pass on to my son and grandchildren.  I'd love to be able to just take the time and talk with my parents and write down some of their thoughts, their memories so that I can get to know them better.
  • I'd love to be able to waste some time by logging onto pinterest.com and just spend some time browsing on there everyday.  Then I'd love to be able to create and make some of the things that catch my interest.
  • I'd love to be able to wash my white clothes and fold and put them away on every other day and do my colored clothes the in between days.
  • I would love to go to bed every night and get a full, undisturbed night's sleep.  This means not worrying that when I did go to sleep Joe wouldn't get up and get into and do something he shouldn't be doing.
  • I would love to have more contact with my kids and grandson as I feel as though they are slipping away from my life.  I sometimes feel as though I need them more than they need me.  And, I suppose as time goes by it will become even more so as Derek gets older.
  • I would love that each morning when I leave my house that all is in its place as it should be.
  • I would love to get the typing done of the Vietnam letters by Dad by Thanksgiving.
  • I would love to have some free time each evening by myself just to decompress from the day.
  • I would love to fly back to Georgia about every six months to visit with family.  I would also love to be able to go to the temple at least every six months.
  • I would love just to be able to read a book - not  a church book, but go to the library and check out a real book and read it.
I guess I got to thinking a little more about this after Joe and I had dinner with some friends.  We had been invited to their home for dinner.  When I asked what time we should arrive, the response was "6:00.  We always eat at 6:00."  This couple always seems to have it together.  They have a beautiful home which is impeccably decorated.  Both are retired from their jobs.  They appear to lack for nothing.  And, it appears that they have plenty of time to do whatever they want.  And they always eat at 6:00.  How did they get to that stage in their lives and why am I where I am?  Really, I don't need anyone to analyze my question and give me an answer.   I know my life is different from theirs because:
  • My first marriage didn't last and caused everything that I worked for and hoped for a total of 23 years to be taken away from me.  Primarily any financial security that I had.
  • My second marriage has caused such instability that normalcy will never happen.
  • Too many job losses in the last four years have made such a deep impact on starting all over again.  Starting to save money, trying to save my home and struggling to plan for the unknowns of getting older.
  • I'll still be working or trying to earn some money when most others will most likely be retiring.
All in all though, life is pretty darn good.  I've still got 7-8 more months of this year to accomplish some of my goals.  So, I'll just keep plugging along and see how it all turns out in the end.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment