Sunday, April 1, 2012

Firefighter's Day

From the time he was 5 years old, Corey wanted to be a firefighter.  I'm so glad he got to do what he aspired to do at least for a time in his life.


One of the scariest experiences I had when Corey was still living at home and doing some firefighting was one very cold winter night - near Christmas if I remember.  He'd not been feeling well and had been on some cold medication.  He got a call about a fire not too far from our home.  I told him that if he had to go to the fire, then I would drive him myself and wait in his truck.  That wound up being a bad idea.  Not because it was cold sitting in the truck.  Not because I sat in the truck for a very long time.  No, it was watching the extent of the fire and knowing that my son was in or around the burning inferno.

It was then that I decided I didn't need to know everything Corey did when it came to fighting fires.

No comments:

Post a Comment