Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Gratefulness

The last couple of days have made me feel very grateful.  I love how every once in awhile something happens in your life that resets your gratefulness clock.

Yesterday there was a funeral held here in Casper.  It was for a 31 year old firefighter who had a stroke after fighting a grass fire last week.  I didn't know the young man.  I just know that he was only a year older than Corey and did the same type of work that Corey does and loves.  There have been times in the past, that I know that Corey's life was in danger while he was either fighting fires or worked as a police officer.  I was always glad when he could return home at the end of his shift - that I never had to witness what I saw yesterday.

Probably the most poignant part of the funeral procession for me yesterday was seeing Adam's casket on the back of the firetruck.

My office is located right next to the US Bank heading downtown and so I was able to stand outside and watch the procession...


This was the large flag hanging in the downtown district.  Adam's casket is on the back of this fire engine.

---------------------------------------------------------
Today there was a newcomer to the adult daycare.  It was a man who is probably in his late 20's or early 30's.  He apparently has no interaction with any of the other day residents, such as Joe, as he constantly talks to himself and seems to reside in his own world.  He occasional gets up and paces, all the while talking to himself, or just sits on the couch.

I know things could be worse with Joe, but I am so grateful that my Heavenly Fathers has blessed the both of us as much as He has.

No comments:

Post a Comment