Saturday, April 7, 2012

Have Your Cake and Eat It Too?

I come from a long line of excellent cake bakers.  Somewhere that talent seemed to jump over me.  Case in point...look at these pictures of a cake I recently made.  What a mess!

A friend had given me some diced fresh pineapple.  We were having company come for dinner and I thought I'd make a cake and add the pineapple.  It started out to be good idea.  I used Mom's cake recipe using a carrot cake cake mix, added a box of instant chocolate pudding, (didn't have any vanilla on hand), added her specific ingredients and then added the fresh pineapple.

When the three layers were cooked, I attempted to remove them from their pans.  However, the pineapple caused the cake to be soooo moist that it would not leave the pan.  I even let one of the can pans cool and then try again.  Nope, that didn't work either.  So, I was left with trying to piece the layers together as best as I could using cream cheese frosting.  This is what the poor cake looked like at its completion.


P.S.  The sad thing is that a total of seven people ate from this cake, but all said it was absolutely delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment