Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Today In History...The Bee Gees

On this day in April 11, 1978
"Night Fever" by the Bee Gees was the #1 song.
"Saturday Night Fever" was the first movie that I ever saw with Les.  We loved the music so much we bought the soundtrack on an 8 track tape.  We played the tape so much that we literally wore it out.  (From the mid-1960s through the late ’70s, 8-track tapes and the stereo systems that played them were popular, but their short life was soon ended by cassette tapes then CDs).


Watching the video of this dance scene is like deja vue for me.  I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the disco era.  I danced this dance.   I wore those type of clothes and shoes.  I danced on lighted disco floors like this.  The best disco club I danced in was while visiting England the first time with my English boyfriend John. 


On September 29, 1979 a girlfriend and I attended the Bee Gees "Spirits Having Flown" concert in Atlanta at The Omni.  It was fantastic!  The 3 Gibb brothers were identically dressed in white satin trousers and dazzling white spangled jackets.  Nice!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment