Saturday, May 3, 2008

Nothing Went As Planned

Ever had one of those days when nothing went as you planned? Sure you have. I seem to have them most every day. Anyway, my original plans for today as planned last night were to not even leave my driveway. All I was going to have to do today was prepare my Sunday School lesson. At 9:45 a.m., I was backing my car out of the driveway. See where this is going? I had to make a mad dash to our local post office before it closed early on Saturday and mail off my certified, return receipt requested travel voucher before the 24-hour deadline was over. This all according to the airline's instructions from last evening.

I came back home and showered after I decided that it would be a good day to go visit people who we thought needed visiting. When we were finally public presentable, we went to the bank for some "quick" business that lasted 30 minutes. Then it was on to drop off stuff at Nancy's and Mom and Dad's - that wasn't quick either. I had really wanted to visit with Aunt Rachel today and had even taken my camera for some nice picture-taking and you never know what you might see riding down the highway. Got to her house and voila, she was gone. Nix that idea.

Aunt Alice was next on the list for visitation. We drove up in her driveway and she was getting ready to leave and no time to visit. Nix that idea too. What is this?! We showered and used deodorant this morning. I even had on makeup. So our next visitation was taking us to Fitzgerald to visit a friend. We took that scenic back road where no one lives and it makes Ocilla seem like it's a million miles away. But, finally after passing through Ocilla and arriving in Fitzgerald, we discovered the friend wasn't home either. We ran some errands, decided to make one last drive by (sounds like we were gunning for someone, huh) and finally had success. On our way home, we decided to stop by Don and Susie's. They had to be home, right? After all, Don just came home from the hospital and couldn't go far? Yes, a second success!!!

I've decided that being compassionate is not an easy thing. First off, there went my sleeping in on Saturday, getting showered and dressed, driving all over the countryside and no one home. Who came up with this brilliant idea anyway? And, to make up for wonderful, lost sleep this morning I WAS going to go to bed early, but that didn't work out either as evidenced by the time of this posting. But, I'm outta here now...

No comments:

Post a Comment