Thursday, May 8, 2008

Derek's Blessing Day - April 13, 2008


What a fantastic day all the way around!!! How fulfilling and special it was as a mother, a grandmother and a wife to have been present for the blessing. How wonderful it was to be present to see my son bless his own son and to have my sweet, wonderful husband be present in the circle. I felt as though my heart would burst with pride and love. I did manage to scribble down a few things that Corey said during Derek's blessing such as: Derek was blessed "with strong courage throughout your life", "the strength and ability to make correct choices", "to have present happiness", "to have many friends", "to know when your true eternal mate comes into your life and love for time and all eternity", "able to serve a mission", "to know the joys of a happy life" and "bring blessings for all your family". It was almost more than my tissues could handle, especially while trying to write and listen at the same time.

Afterwards Nikki and her family hosted a scrumptious luncheon at their apartment clubhouse. It was a wonderful time to take pictures and visit with family and friends from both sides of the family.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to meet him, and by golly he couldn't look more like a Preston/Cattell if he tried !!

    ReplyDelete