Friday, May 30, 2008

Baptism Day for Mom and Dad

This is a picture of the day that Mom and Dad were baptized into the Church at the Tokyo, Japan Mission home. They were baptized on their 11th wedding anniversary on July 28, 1962 by Don L. Christensen. They have always been excellent examples to me while growing up. They have truly lived the gospel, fulfilled their callings, had prayer together every night for as long as I can remember.
A few years ago Dad did a summary of his family and himself as a Christmas present for all of us. I'll go more into detail at a later time, but I did want it recorded what he wrote as a closing statement. It reads "Well, today is December 20, 2006. It's time for me to close this thing out if I hope to pass it out at Christmas-time.

In these 74+ years it has been a great ride. Who would ever thought that a farm boy from Michigan would end up in South Georgia living in a red barn - the wealthiest old man in Tift County and happy as I can be. My wealth is in the family surrounding me, a good wife and a heart at peace with the world. I love my Savior, the giver of all gifts and I pray each day that I can be a good servant and be acceptable when this life is ended. LIFE IS GOOD.'

No comments:

Post a Comment