Monday, June 16, 2008

My Graduation

With all the graduations taking place in the last few weeks, I decided to bite the bullet and tell a little something about my own graduation. I can describe it in three words "I HATED IT"! But, one of the greatest things about my graduation was that Mr. Bill and his wife, Carol, came from South Carolina to attend my graduation.

Click to play My Graduation - 1970
I may have said it in an earlier blog, but it bears repeating...I hated high school. I went to two high schools since Dad was in the Air Force - one in Niceville, Florida (Eglin AFB) and Valdosta, Georgia (Moody AFB). I never got to know anyone real well so I had no high school friends. I was the poster child of "Wall Flowers". I was invisible, I doubt anyone would remember me. I was never so happy to see my night of graduation come so that I could move on to bigger and better things beyond high school and Valdosta, Georgia. And I did...I got friends, I went places, people definitely got to know who I was and I wasn't shy anymore!

1 comment:

  1. Remember, I went to a different school every year of high school! It is weird going to graduations here and remembering TCHS is my school also, not just my kids! No wonder I didn't want to go away to college. I did love my years at ABAC though.

    ReplyDelete