Saturday, June 7, 2008

Losin' My Religion


Did I mention that last Sunday while sitting in church my cell phone went off? Did I also mention that it was during Fast and Testimony meeting when it was totally quiet? And, of course, people started looking around trying to find out what idiot had a ringing cell phone. My purse was on the pew next to my right butt cheek and since that wasn't helping muffle the sound, I quickly put my purse on the floor and stepped on top of it. I know you're probably wondering why I just didn't open up my purse and turn it off. You try picking up your purse, scrounging around for your cell phone while trying to not look conspicuous. Not something I wanted to try and do. But the funny part of the whole thing, if there is a funny part, was what my cell phone played...It played "Losin' My Religon" by R.E.M. Quite coincidently, some of the words in the song go as follows "that's me in the corner, that's me in the spotlight". I was sitting in the back corner pew and did feel like I was in the spotlight when people turned around. And, in case your curious, it was Corey calling. Thanks Corey!

2 comments:

  1. Heh heh! You're one of "THOSE" people now! :P That's okay- mine went off during one of the girl's Honors Days last year, and it was playing the choral part from "Ode To Joy". Loudly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew that was your's , saw you trying to not let everyone know...we weren't fooled !!

    ReplyDelete