Monday, June 16, 2008

Out of the Mouth of Babes About Babes

Corey called tonight to talk. It was one of his more chatty nights in a long while. Don't get me wrong, I loved it! I wound up putting the phone on speaker mode and just setting it down on my desk. He called primarily to let Joe and me hear Derek "talking". He (Derek) was doing a great amount of cooing , gurgling and "talking". Corey was doing a great deal of gushing and bragging with a great deal of pride in his son. All this causes my heart to melt listening to the both of them. My son with his son. I am gaining a better respect and love for modern technology with every phone call and instant cell phone picture or video. Though far away, it does help me to feel a little more connected to this little person that I've barely been able to know in person.
I love listening to Corey's colorful descriptions of life with Derek and how it has made living a very interesting part of Corey and Nikki's lives. For example, tonight Corey was talking about how Derek is really starting to drool. In his words..."Derek drools like a St. Bernard". Or, he's learning to bounce around in a new standing toy, but because he legs don't quite touch the floor, he leans over to one side and then bounces around "like a pogo stick".

Corey was also describing how he had gotten his Utah fishing license for a Father's Day gift and how he can't wait to take Derek fishing. (Remember he's only a little over four months old at this time). He's got the spot picked out and he's ready when Derek is ready. I think this would be the appropriate time to post a picture I found of Les and Corey when he was just a few months old. Les too had plans for taking Corey fishing and was going to give him as much practice as possible as shown in the picture.
So Corey, you come by it honestly. Just give Derek a little more time and one day you'll be having your picture made just like you and your dad did.

No comments:

Post a Comment