Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Dear Diary (excepts from my old diaries)


January 26, 1966

Dear Diary, I wore hoses for the first time. In the end I had a run in one.

(Boy have times changed. Pantyhose was one of the greatest inventions since sliced bread. No more having to wear a garter belt and attach the nylons while bent over in some grotesque shape, sweating cause we had no air conditioning. Now even pantyhose hardly get worn anymore).

March 4, 1969

Dear Diary, So many things happened today. Most important is that I got my driver's license. The test was really easy but boy was I scared.

March 9, 1969

Dear Diary, Elder Sterling W. Sill was at conference today to dedicate the chapel in Pensacola. He is really a good speaker. The poor man though, he was feeling sick today and had a case of nausea. He had to excuse himself when talking in the first session and in second session, he didn't even come back he was so sick. The thing about it is that he was going to Birmingham, Alabama to a conference later this afternoon. I got his autograph, shook his hand and talked to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment