Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Naked Cowboy


I was watching CNN News today and all of the sudden my ears perked up and I recognized an old "friend" being talked about on TV. Apparently he'd won a suit again Mars, Inc. who makes M&M's. It was The Naked Cowboy. He was upset that M&M's had been using a likeness of him in their ads and he didn't like it.
In November of 2002, I went to New York City to do a childcare provider training. While exploring Times Square, I saw people running towards something and there was a big commotion. Though I tried to pretend to not be curious, I slowly raced to where the group of people came to a dead stop. Then I saw him - The Naked Cowboy. Here was a guy standing in the middle of Times Square in his whitie tighties with snowflakes falling down around him. There he was wearing his cowboy hat and boots and playing the guitar in his underwear. And the police were driving around watching him, but not arresting him. He would pose for pictures and people would drop money into his boots which meant you had to bend down to donate money. Talk about up close and personal! Only in New York!!

No comments:

Post a Comment