Thursday, June 5, 2008

Random Acts of Kindness

Don't you just love it when someone does something unexpected for you? And it's done "just because" - it's not your birthday, your anniversary, no special occasion - it's just because someone thinks you're special.

Nancy called me yesterday afternoon and told me that she had a bouquet for me at Mom and Dad's house. Nancy has a green thumb (or an entire green hand) and grows incredibly beautiful roses of every color and size. She knows I love pink roses and so she had some placed in a vase, along with some Queen Anne's lace for me to take to my office. The picture shows the flowers she had picked especially for me and no one else. I added some of my world famous gardenias in the bouquet this morning before taking it to work with me. I was so in love with the arrangement that I had to go back into the house, get my camera and take a picture to remember them. All day long I received comments about my lovely flower arrangement. (The general manager even threatened to "steal them" and take them home to his wife. So, if my flowers are missing when I return in the morning, guess who I'll be "suspicioning" right away. So, Nancy's gift to me has become my gift to everyone who walks past my desk all day long after they've stopped and admired and smelled my flowers.

And...A couple of weeks ago I was in Tifton before heading to work. I decided to stop by McDonald's to pick up something for breakfast for both myself and my boss lady. I NEVER get a chance to eat breakfast from a fast food place and there are some new things out there for me to try. Anyway, I drove up behind a white minivan and realized it was Susan in the car. I yelled out my window to her and she yelled something back before driving up to the takeout window. When it was my turn to pay for my breakfast, the girl at the window asked me if I knew the lady in the car in front of me. I said that I certainly did and it was my sister as I was handing her my money. She said she couldn't take my money 'cause that woman had already paid for me breakfast. Wow, how cool was that! Totally unexpected, totally loved and totally enjoyed by both me and Tami. So my good deed to buy breakfast for someone else was rewarded by a random act of kindness by my other sister. Don't it just do your heart good?!

So, Jimmy now it's your turn.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you enjoy the flowers. I appreciated reading your blog about Timothy. I remember all your kindness's when I was pregnant. I couldn't have made it without those cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flowers, Nance has such a green thumb and enjoys sharing them as much as she enjoys growing them I think. I have been on the receiving end of them many times and they always make my day.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete