Sunday, July 17, 2011

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

After our luscious lunch at Sonic, we left to to to Scottsbluff National Monument.  I had visited here about 12 years ago with Corey (wow, has it been that long?!), but Joe had never been.

Here he is having the obligatory "I can prove I was actually at this place" picture.
Then it was my turn to have my picture taken - by Joe - since there was no one else around.  Don't you love how I've lost weight?  I'm as light as a cloud.

And then here was shot No. 2.  I am actually 1/2 my weight in this picture.  Do you recognize me?

At the entrance of the park.



Joe actually took this picture after several attempts.  Can you tell I'd about given up on having my picture taken?





Chimney Rock is off in the distance in the middle of this picture.  This was the landmark most often mentioned in the diaries of pioneers making their way west.  To the Mormon pioneers, Chimney Rock represented the half-way point of their journey.  Unfortunately, it was so hot (96 degrees) that there was a haze that we couldn't see it that well.  On clearer days you can see it well even though it's 25 miles away.

No comments:

Post a Comment