Sunday, July 24, 2011

It's Our 7th Wedding Anniversary







Several years ago there was a movie that came out.  It was called "Shall We Dance?" and starred Richard Gere and Susan Sarandon as his wife.

One of the things that I loved about that movie, other than looking and drooling over Richard Gere, was a statement that was made in response by Susan Sarandon's character.  The character was asked about why people get married and her character says:

"Because we need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet.  What does anyone life really mean?  In a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things.  The bad things.  The terrible things.  The mundane things.  All of it.  All the time.  Every day.  You're saying your life will not go unnoticed, because I will notice it.  Your life will not go unwitnessed, because I will be your witness."

Joe is the witness to my life.  He's my best friend, he's my best buddy, he's my confidant.  He's a loving man who taught me how to love again when my heart had been broken and he restored my faith that someone could love me just exactly the way I am.  So, on our anniversary, here's hoping for at least another wonderful seven years together.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, I remember when y'all were just newlyweds! Congrats on 7 years!

    ReplyDelete