Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Wednesday Blessings

We got up early this morning - 5:00 am to be at the hospital. Joe was having what is medically called a left av fistula - it's where they place some type of tubing on the lower inside of Joe's arm. Eventually when it heals in about six weeks, that is where he will be "hooked up" for dialysis. I'm so grateful that all went well today.

I'm grateful I was able to work in the Casper office this week to be near Joe and get him to his medical appointments.

Shortly before I left to pick Joe up from the hospital, one of my co-workers stopped by my desk to say goodbye as she was leaving to go find her son. The school had called to let her know that apparently he was skipping school and she was out to find him. When I returned from taking Joe home, that's when I heard the news. Julia had gone by her house and that's where she discovered the body of her son. He had taken his life. I don't know how and details were sketchy for everyone else. Whatever happened it was so traumatic that she and her family are not spending the night there and she said she may never go back there again. How sad in so many ways. How tragic that someone feels that life is so bad that they feel the only way to feel better is to end their life. How tragic that as a mother, she had to lose her child that way. And, no parent should have to bury their child.

So, I'm grateful for Corey. Though he was no angel growing up he was my little man. There are things I wish I had done differently as his mother but, I have always felt blessed that he grew up to be the young man he turned out to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment