Sunday, November 28, 2010

Already?

Where has the time gone this year? It seems like only last week that I put away all the Christmas decorations and today I pulled them all out again. I went to the storage shed early this morning before getting ready for church this morning and took out the three dusty Rubbermaid containers harboring my collection of various Christmas goodies. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas (hmmm, that sounds like the words to a possible song) now that the house is sprinkled with my Santas, Christmas dishes, snowmen, the various reds and greens and the tree ornaments. Some of the ornaments I have saved include an ornament that I've had for as long as I can remember and I even have a couple of handmade ones that Corey made during his first years in school. There's the hint of pine coming from a candle sitting hidden on the wood-burning stove. We decided not to put up a real tree this year. There's really not any reason to since we won't be spending time with family this year. The ornaments and lights are hung on one of my artificial trees which still gives us the illusion of a Christmas tree.

I don't want nor expect presents this year. Not the tangible kind at least. The gifts I want are those that I hope and pray my Heavenly Father grants. They include:
  • first and foremost - an uneventful year when it comes to Joe's health;
  • a renewed opportunity to spend more quality time with Joe and renew our love;
  • some peace and serenity;
  • the opportunity to spend more time with Corey and Nikki and Derek;
  • getting to visit Mom and Dad and family in Georgia again in coming year; and
  • coming to an understanding of what my Heavenly Father really wants and needs from me and what I can learn from the experiences of this year.

Joe had dialysis today since his schedule was altered due to Thanksgiving. I attended church by myself and it was so calming and wonderful to spend some quiet time with my ward sisters. I always feel so loved when I am with them. It was on my return home that I began my decorating since I had a few hours alone. So I put on some holiday music and got the house decorated for this wonderful season.

No comments:

Post a Comment