Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Sandwich Day

Today was National Sandwich Day. I love sandwiches. I especially love them when they're made by someone else and served to me.

My favorite kind is the one shown below...peanut butter and grape jelly. It tastes best when it's made with good fresh bread - bread that is so fresh it's squishy - and served with a glass of cold milk. Can a sandwich get any better? I think not!


No. 2 favorite - oh heck. I can't rank them past the PB&J. I love a great grilled sandwich with a great bowl of soup. I love BLT's. I love a gooey Philly Steak and Cheese. I love a great ham with Swiss cheese.

I will say though that probably the best sandwich I've ever eaten (beyond the PB&J) was an Italian sub served at the Columbus Flea Market in Columbus, New Jersey. Before I got a job, after Dad was transferred to McGuire AFB in New Jersey, Mom and I used to go to the flea market with great regularity. Besides always trying to find a good bargain, the highlight of the excursion was to get us an Italian Sub with good ole white Italian bread.

Yep, I love sandwiches.

1 comment: