Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Snunderstorm

Last week on the way home from the oilfield, while riding in the truck with some of my co-workers, I experienced some very unusual weather. On one stretch of road for about 1/2 mile, we encountered - at the same time:
  • rain
  • hail
  • sleet
  • snow
  • thunder
  • lightning
  • ice
  • wind
  • sunshine

All we needed was the moon to have come out and I would have thought the end of the world had arrived. I did make the comment about "where was a rainbow"?, turned around and there it was - a rainbow, but better than that, it was a double rainbow! Where was my camera at a time like this? Home awaiting the arrival of new batteries!

It was a though God or Mother Nature had a basketful of leftover weather systems and decided to dump them out all at the same time. It was absolutely incredible!

Hence the name Snunderstorm!

No comments:

Post a Comment