Sunday, April 4, 2010

It Never Rains In Central Wyoming....

...well hardly ever. On my way home from work the other day I encountered some rainclouds hanging into the sky. The weather forecast for that day had predicted that we would be receiving some rain that afternoon and evening. That would normally not have seen unusual before moving here, but in Wyoming seeing and feeling rain has been a rarity. Basically the only time I've used my windshield wipers is for the removal of snow and not rain.

The fascinating thing about the rainclouds out here is that you can see them a such great distances because of the unencumbered views of the landscape. These photos were taken on the interstate so notice the clouds AND the lack of traffic.

The next two photos show what appears to be a window in the rainclouds...

This view is looking towards Casper Mountain...

I took this picture to show the difference in the clouds...

No comments:

Post a Comment