Monday, April 12, 2010

The Mucky-Muck Visit

Last week, we had a visitor in the oilfield from Washington, D.C. It was Christopher Smith who is (get this title) Deputy Assistant Secretary for Oil and Natural Gas in the Office of Fossil Energy of the U.S. Department of Energy. (Whew, I'm outta breath after that job title)! In this position, he is responsible for administering domestic and international oil and gas programs, including research and development, policy analysis and natural gas import and export licensing. The Oil and Natural Gas Office leads the Department of Energy's LNG program which involves the analysis of safety and other technical issues. Wow! Sounds impressive, huh? (and he's about four steps below/away from our esteemed President of these here United States).
This is Clark (l) introducing Chris to the members of the oilfield team. Clark is the head Department of Energy guy here in Casper. The man in the middle is my new boss, Jim.

The guy on the left side of the picture is Cecil who is the head DOE guy in the oilfield and whose office is located in my part of the office building.

Mr. Mucky-Muck a/k/a Chris... By the way, who wears a white shirt to an oilfield?!?!?

Yes, we have a popcorn machine in the lower office. (I work in the upper office and am generally only down here for the 6:30 a.m. meeting each morning).

See how everyone is totally mesmerized by Chris' speech? That's my friend Trina in the yellow shirt.

Yes, that is me sitting underneath the Rocky Mountain Oilfield Testing Center sign.

Stepping up to meet my new buddy Chris. Doesn't he look excited at the thought of meeting me?!?

Now that I have his full attention, he's thinking:

  • I wish I could understand what she's saying, but she tawks kinda funny; or
  • Why yes, I'm sure Barack would love to meet you; or
  • Say what? You didn't vote for my man Barack!; or
  • Whoo wee, the wind really is blowing out here today; But I'm quite sure he was really thinking...
  • Who is this babealicious creature! Girlfriend, where have you been all my life? I have apparently died and gone to heaven!

I realize though that had he moved on his obvious instant attraction to me, I would have had to turn him down because:

  • he's a little too young for me;
  • a long distance romance just wouldn't work between Wyoming and Washington, D.C.;
  • if I had to move to D.C., how could I give up the hurricane strength Wyoming winds and the snow and the cold and the antelope and the sheep and the deer and all the things that make Wyoming special;
  • I like a little more meat on my men. He doesn't look like he eats any fried foods;
  • his wife might get a little upset if she found out about us;
  • he's good buddies with Barack; and
  • I'm a married woman and LOVE my fuzzy-headed man Joe!

It's a good thing we were like passing ships in the night and this was our only encounter. I just know it would have a test of my fidelity and commitment to my marriage and my over-flowing love and affection for Joe if Mr. Mucky-Muck had stayed much longer. Alas, it was not meant to be. Farewell, adieu and adios. Parting is such sweet sorrow...

1 comment:

  1. I think you need your meds changed !! and QUICKLY !!

    ReplyDelete