Sunday, April 18, 2010

Trina's Petting Zoo

Joe and I went to Trina's house again last weekend to check on the two little lambs rescued at the oilfield and to see her new additions - a miniature pot-bellied pig named Wilbur and a new little alpaca named Skylar.

Here is Skylar and her mother...


A family portrait...


Daddy seems to be saying "Are you looking at me"?


"Well, here I am and aren't I good looking?"


Notice Skylar's coloring. He looks like he was dipped into two different paint cans...


Trina trying to get some personal contact...

Then there is a sheep I named "Smiley". When she looks at you front on, it looks like she's smiling at you. Watch...
Still watching? It's coming...
See, I told you so...
Smile, you're on candid camera!
This sheep loves to be petted and her wool is soooooooooo thick...
These two were a little camera shy...
This is her "horny" sheep...
Then there is Tom Turkey. He would make a great turkey dinner about 25-30 lbs. worth...
He apparently liked the way I smelled and/or looked that day as he kept bumping me and nearly knocking me over on several occasions. He was trying to "court me" and kept following me around.
He loved having his head stroked, but I found out that was the wrong thing to do. It only made him more amorous and eventually Trina had to run him off and away from me after he kept grabbing my shirt and finally nipped me on the back of my thigh.
But he came back again...
and started getting frisky with Joe!

Until he finally put a love hold on Joe's hand...

Tom was then shooed off into another part of the yard where he kept his distance.
This is Ariel and Brody who are long-haired highland cows and Ariel is about to become a mother.
Because I was taking their picture, Brody thought I had a treat and came to check out the camera...
And finally, here is Wilbur. Isn't he adorable?!

No comments:

Post a Comment