Sunday, July 19, 2009

Toilet Etiquette

Since Joe and I have been doing so much "exploring" around our great state, I've been fortunate enough to utilize the restroom facilities shown below A LOT!!! I'm really grateful when we do come across on though since facilities are few and far between and almost non-existent at times.

I have learned there is an etiquette that comes along with the use of these though. When finished, please put the seat down...it cuts down on the flies and the fragrant odor which is sometimes emitted from below.

The use of these toilets kinda reminds me of using my grandparent's outhouse many years ago. But, one of the big differences between the outhouse and these modern posh restroom facilities is that there is usually toilet paper, not a mail order catalog. I've also noticed that out here where the winds seems to blow quite often you might also get a cold butt before you vacate the premises.

Also, I've noticed that all of the toilet paper is locked on a rod so no one can just walk off with the roll. Thank goodness for that!
This is the sign that greeted me when I stepped outside of the bathroom. I'm sure glad that Joe was sitting out in the car ready to protect and/or warn me if there was an unexpected visitor.These trees were next to the sign about the possibility of bears. What do you think made the markings on the tree, hmmmm?

No comments:

Post a Comment