Sunday, July 5, 2009

You Never Know Who You'll Run Into

On our way through Duchesne, Utah I called a very old friend - Carla Wecker Neria. She was my best friend while we lived in Japan and we've known each other since we were 10 years old.

After my family moved from Japan both of our families eventually showed up in Georgia for a few years. Her dad was a civil servant contractor with the Air Force and was assigned to Warner Robins, AFB and I was living in Brookfield, Georgia. During that time we visited back and forth several times. She even attended my wedding to Les.

She eventually moved to Apia, Samoa with her family and met and married Semo Neria. The last time we'd seen each other was approximately 10 years ago until the other day. I had kept her phone number, gave her a call and she met us at their town park for a short visit.

She's the longest I've ever known anyone, other than family members - almost 47 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment