Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I'm So Proud

It's true...if I'd been home I'd have taken a picture of Joe with his new backpack. Why? 'Cause he finally flew the nest today all by himself. After almost eight months Joe went out on his own further than across the main street.

Last Friday we went by and he picked up a couple of applications for some jobs. Today he went and rode the bus to drop off one of the applications and got a job interview for this Friday. Waa hoo! Somehow he missed the bus or the bus stop and wound up walking home. It was about eight blocks, I think.

Anyway, I'm so proud of Joe for finally deciding it was time to get out of the house all on his own. I will admit I was nervous for him, but I try to remember that he is a grown man who is smart and very able to care for himself.

1 comment:

  1. If Joe can do it maybe I can to. You might see me on your doorstep one day. (Don't hold your breath).

    ReplyDelete