Monday, October 6, 2008

Shuffling Off To Buffalo




In August of 2002, I had a national family child conference in Buffalo, NY. I took Corey along with me and he wound up having a really great adventure. While I was in my sessions, Corey noticed a fire engine at the hotel and struck up a conversation with the firefighters (since he was a firefighter at the time). Anyway, to make a long story short, he was invited to come back to the firehouse, go on some runs with the guys and spend the night. Needless to say, he went and I didn't see him until the next morning when I came back from a session and found him passed out across his bed. He had gone on several calls the night before and gotten only a little sleep. After all, this was Buffalo, NY - not one of the small south Georgia stations. And, he added another fire t-shirt to his collection. One of the guys literally gave him the shirt off his back.

While in Buffalo, we also attended the "Wing Fling" in downtown Buffalo - this is where the original buffalo wings originated. We also saw the headquarters for the Buffalo Bills NFL team. Though it was July and normally hot weather for us at home, it was definitely very cool and windy here in the evenings. I can see why Buffalo receives as much snow as it does every winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment