Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Meeting Derek - Part Two Six Months Later

It was our six months exodus to Utah and our chance to spend time with Derek again (and Corey and Nikki as well, of course).

On our trip west, Joe and I were on separate airlines obviously going separate ways. Why? Mine was a free ticket cashed in several months ago and Joe's was a purchased ticket several weeks later. I left Atlanta, flew to Phoenix and then on to Salt Lake City. That was after lots of turbulence, no free drinks or snacks and sitting through the "Incredible Hulk" as the featured movie. That is so hoaky! How can some guy split everything, including his underwear and then he somehow appears to always have another change of clothing available whenever needed. Really! I wonder about things like that. Hey, how 'bout some of the stuff they do on "Survivor"? Where do they use the bathroom? Do they use toilet paper or some banana leaves? What do the older women do about their "goat hairs" growing on their chins?

Anyway, I digress...Joe left Atlanta, flew to Minneapolis and then on to Salt Lake. (He got free drinks and snacks, by the way). I got there first, picked up the rental car and then waited in the "Park and Wait" for Joe and the kids. (That was after I circled the airport three times before I found the right entrance to the "Park and Wait". Hey, it was very confusing to get there. You'll see when you try it out one day! This is where you can park and watch the display boards which tell you where a flight is coming from, the number of the flight, if it has landed or still enroute and if you can pickup your passenger). I was sitting in my car reading my free "USA Today" when the kids appeared with the little guy. It was so strange seeing Derek this time after seeing him as a two month old the last time. When Joe called to say he had landed, the kids went to find Joe and his luggage and left me and Derek together. Waa hoo!




Isn't he adorable? Isn't he just the cutest grandchild ever? I think so!

And then Joe showed up after Nikki found him and his luggage.

No comments:

Post a Comment