Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Day Two - Job Hunting In Casper


How strange to find out that it was much, much colder in South Georgia today than here in Casper. It's like everyone at home was having "sympathy pains". However, it wound up being about 70 degrees here and 40 degrees at home.

I spent the day completing my list of "go sees" and then started in on contacting real estate people for possible leads on rental houses. In the midst of all this, I did get a call for an interview this afternoon at Rocky Mountain Oilfield Testing. The job is 35 miles out of Casper four days a week, ten hours a day. It's at the Teapot Dome Oilfield the site of the big "Teapot Scandal". The oilfield gets its name from the rock formation on the oilfield site. Anyway, I think the interview went great - we'll see what happens.

Other great things about today:
  • While driving down the road, I saw a couple of prairie dogs playing along the side of the road. I decided to turn around to take pictures and pulled over. Then I saw them - at least 100 prairie dogs on my right. They were running all over the place, popping in and out of their holes and chasing each other. They were everywhere!!! (pictures will follow) Never saw anything like that in Georgia.

  • Price of gas here is $2.18!!! Wow!!!

  • Got a lead on rental property...2.5 acres out in the country by a river about 20 miles from Casper. I'll be checking that one out tomorrow on my way to Laramie.

  • My oily skin is drying out. It always does, but takes a couple of days to take effect.

  • I'm finding my way around Casper and not having to look at the map as much.

  • It was a gorgemous day. Snow on the mountain, clear beautiful air - would have been absolutely perfect if I'd had someone to share it with (like my sweetie).
On to Laramie tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment