Monday, October 6, 2008

"--"Know you what it is to be a child?...It is to believe in love, to believe in loveliness, to believe in belief; it is to be so little that the elves can reach to whisper in your ear, it is to turn pumpkins into coaches, and mice into horses, lowness into loftiness, and nothing into everything, for each child has its fairy godmother in its soul.""
Author: Francis Thompson
(This was a picture of Bella that I found today among some floppy disks. I remember the day the picture was taken and our intense conversation about what she had been doing that day. I love the pink tennis shoes).

4 comments:

  1. Oh WOW!! I have never seen that picture before! It took me a minute to recognize her- I actually recognized the dress first. Look at her hair! It's so blonde!

    I know people say she favors my side of the family, but in that picture she's a perfect cross between me and Jed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS- So what *had* she been doing that day?? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. She was telling me about how she'd been to the moon or was going there. The whole time she was twirling and flipping the dress up and down and pushing her hair out of her face while telling her stories. And, the tennis shoes must have belonged to Madeline because I remember them being way too large and floppy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!

    I got those tennis shoes at Gap Kids- a pair for each of them- for $1.99, but when I bought them BOTH pairs were way too big!

    Going by her hair, I don't think she was even three yet when this picture was taken. I had James come and look at it, and he didn't recognize her either!

    ReplyDelete