Sunday, September 7, 2008

What's The Future Hold For Us?

Well, this weekend has been spent primarily checking on possible new jobs. When I go to work this coming week, I'll be lucky to be there another three weeks. I hope I can at least be able to stay around until October 3rd. Joe and I will go to Utah the next week and then life will definitely change for us once we return to Georgia. It'll be my second job loss in one year. Lucky me, huh?

I've spent the weekend submitting my resume to various employers in Wyoming, including the State of Wyoming, to see if I get any nibbles for a potential job. Since we're going out west, maybe someone will be interested in speaking with me about employment. You ask why Wyoming? We say why not? It would be close enough to the kids (about 3 hours drive) to visit regularly. Do we know anyone in Wyoming? No. Have we been there? Yes. Look at it this way - nothing ventured, nothing gained.

In the meantime, I'm still proceeding with looking for employment around the Tifton area. Unfortunately it took 5 months to find the last job and the job market is worse now. But, I know that my Heavenly Father has plans for me and Joe and all I can do is do my part with the job process. So, I'm also submitting my resume around this area.

I just know that I am in the stage of my life when most people are getting ready to retire and that's not even an option for me. Retirement will be a foreign word for me. When I was 49, I had been married for 23 years, had a retirement account with a husband and life seemed to be going in the right direction. Then there was the divorce and life changed - no husband, no money and having to start all over again. I started all over again the second time with a new job, with my own retirement account, which I keep for six years until the grant ends and I, at age 52, get a fantastic new husband who had recently had his own 23 year marriage ended by his wife (she got all the money).

So here I am at age 56, losing my second job in a year, retirement account still in tact for the moment and starting all over again for the third time. You know what they say about "third times"? It's a charm. I hope so!!!

So, will we stay in Georgia? I hope so, but something's gotta happen soon. I love the network of people and family we have here and though we would love to be out West with the kids, I'd rather stick around here, if possible.

2 comments:

  1. Why don't you take it a step further and head to Utah?!?! Then you would be close enough for lots of visits! Good luck with the job search. You never know - this could be a chance for even further opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to move to someplace in Utah, but I think the cost of living and finding a job might be better in Wyoming.

    At least it's closer than being in Georgia.

    See you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete