Saturday, September 13, 2008

Today is...Clean Out Your Junk Drawer Day

Just sitting down to blog when I found out that today is "Clean Out Your Junk Drawer Day". Shucky darn - too bad it's so late in evening and I can't get started on mine. Well, tomorrow is another day for that - not. But, that doesn't mean I can't check and see what I have in mine. No telling what's in them since I have 29 years of accumulation here.The above pictures are of the junk drawer in the top of my dresser. It's really quite a shame that I actually have some of the things shown in my pictures...old cell phone and charger, matches, buttons, masking tape, batteries that probably don't work, old markers, Ben Gay, etc.
Some of the more interesting/unusual items I discovered were: four red pads you place under your furniture so you don't scratch the floor; a flag holder that you attach to a pole; a wrench; a wiggle eye; an antique fork that was inside a red pencil holder; a dumbbell; and an empty perfume container. There is a story behind the perfume holder. It is Cardin de pierre cardin parfum - only 1/4 oz. but it was the real expensive stuff. It was given to me by Les for my birthday in 1978 so it is 30 years old. (Wonder if that would sell on E-Bay)?

Now we move on to the junk drawer in the large buffet in the dining room...
Really, this is so bad - old pictures, pushpins, gum, shoestrings, hand wipes, a cassette tape, hole reinforcements, etc.

Some of the more interesting items...a ceramic book marker, a crocheted flower, a picture of Corey and Leah going to Prom, several antique items such as a broken piece of an an antique dish, clip on earrings, an arrowhead and lace; a burned out light bulb and one of my old business cards.

So now that I've laid bare a couple of my junk drawers, what is some of the interesting items you may have in yours, hummm?

4 comments:

  1. And I thought I was the only one that has too many junk drawers !! I still am not POSTING mine though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CHICKEN!!! Come on...let's see what some of your more interesting junk items are. No one will see except me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate junk drawers. I luckily have had to clean out drawers on a semi-regular basis. Poor Donald has been reduced to a "junk tub" We did away with his drawer when we did away with the cabinet it was in, in order to put the food from Dave and Eileen's house in our pantry. Donald still manages to keep his tub filled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that picture is from homecoming, not prom. lea was a date i dont regret waisting my time and money on

    ReplyDelete