Thursday, September 25, 2008

Change is inevitable, except from vending machines.


Change has definitely become a constant my life in the past few days.

I am now unemployed again for the second time in less than a year. My last day at COI Foodservice was on Monday. It was really quite a sad thing to see the demise of the distribution center. Though I'd only been there for seven months, I had become quite close to a number of people. And, that wouldn't be hard when there's 200 people working there. I admit that I will be happy if my shadow ever crossed the shadow of some of my former colleagues, but there are many that I will miss a great deal. The biggest downside of losing my job other than the loss of money is that the unemployment rate has become so bad here in Tift County and in the State so the prospects of finding a job are not looking very encouraging. But, then there are the things on the good side:
  1. Having just gone through this a few months ago, I at least know where to start looking for a new job. Thanks goodness I've got a computer, a phone and a fax machine! Without those things, I don't see how anyone looks for a job these days.

  2. I don't have to get up early every morning now!!! And, I can stay up later if I want. Wahoo!

  3. I will be eligible for unemployment compensation after October 1st, so there will be a little income.

  4. Maybe I'll get the opportunity to get some things organized around the house.

  5. I get to spend more time with Joe.

  6. I can plan and make well-thought out meals and love the challenge of using what's on the shelves and in the freezer.
So see, things aren't so bad. They could be a lot worse, but let's hope that will not be the case.

(Regarding the picture...my office was located in the green section on the right side of the picture).

No comments:

Post a Comment