Saturday, September 27, 2008

Oh! To Be 22 Again!






















I was 22 years old and living in Jacksonville, Florida when these pictures were taken of me in 1974 by a friend. I'm wearing the bridesmaid dress that I made for Susan's wedding to Dale.

These are some of my favorite pictures. I wish I still had those looks, but I'd rather have my work and worldly experiences that I've gained in the last 34 years. This was my first time living away from home and the world was a strange and wonderful place for me. But, I was so naive about most everything.

I had some of my most wonderful dating experiences while living here. My favorite and most long-lasting was a guy named Jim that Susan had set me up as a blind date. Years later, when Corey was a baby, I had the chance to meet him again and it was great seeing him. While we visited, we both tried to remember why we'd broken up and no one could remember why. I had gone on to dating other guys, terrific guys. In fact, I even had two friends who actually fought over me one night. Wow! But, I moved back home a few months later due to a broken heart by some gorgeous Navy guy from Wisconsin. I remember a wonderful guy named Steve that Aunt Ruth set me up on a date one time. Even as wonderful and good-looking as he was, I just couldn't bring myself to continue dating him because...he drove a pickup truck!!! I did not ride in pickup trucks at that conjure in my life. That was below my social status.

And, this is where I bought my first Mustang. A metallic blue Mach I Mustang.

No comments:

Post a Comment