Monday, September 29, 2008

10 Places To See Before You're 10

This is an article that I recently saw on MSN...Top 10 places to see before you're 10 (in no particular order). I thought it would be interesting to see how many all of us may have seen - even if some of us are already over the age of 10. Maybe we should change it to "Top 10 places to see before you're 100"?

American Visionary Art Museum, Baltimore, with works from self-taught artists (been to Baltimore, but never been to the museum).

Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia (Been here when our family lived in Virginia in the early 60's before moving to Japan).

Ellis Island, New York (I was last there in November of 2002. I wrote about it in my blog about 9/11. I would love to go there again and take someone else along with me. It's a really fascinating place. And, I did see it from a distance when I was about 7 years old when our family went to New York to pick up Uncle George and Aunt Lynn and their family when they returned from France. If I remember correctly, we even got to ride on the Staten Island Ferry).

Grand Canyon, Arizona (Our whole family went there on our way to Japan. That was the last time that I was physically there, but I've flown over it several times since on my way to California. Family picture circa 1961).

Niagara Falls, New York & Canada (Corey and I went to Buffalo, NY for a national family child care conference in either August 2001 or 2002. While there, we had the opportunity of going to Niagara Falls on the New York side. We rode on the "Maid of The Mist" boat to get a closeup view of the falls. Everyone is given a plastic blue poncho for reasons which become perfectly clear the closer you get to the falls. You would be literally drenched otherwise. It was lots of fun, but I can assure you that I would never want to be one of the kooks who've gone over the Falls.

Don't we look like a couple of reject Smurfs?

Sears Tower, Chicago (On my last visit to Chicago, I could look out my hotel window in downtown Chicago and see the Sears Tower. Never went and visited it, but I have seen it).

Disneyland, Anaheim, California (Joe and I were in Anaheim in 8/07. We did get to go to dinner at Disneyland with Tiffany and her mom, Mary. We went to eat at the Raintree Cafe and the picture of is of the two of us waiting our turn to go into the restaurant. This was my second visit to Disneyland. I've only gone there to eat dinner and never ridden the rides. It is so much SMALLER than Disneyworld and feels so different since it is so small).

Muir Woods, 12 miles north of San Francisco (Never been there, don't even know what it is)!

Monterey Bay Aquarium, Monterey, California (Close to it while out in California, but no cigar).

Griffith Observatory, Los Angeles (Passed by it while in California. What's with all the California stuff anyway)?

So 6 out of 10 isn't so bad and I did see three before I was 10.

2 comments:

  1. Are these your places you wanted to see or places that everyone should see? So far I am 0/10. Maybe in the next ten years I can see a few.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done Willamsburg and the Grand Canyon. I've seen Ellis Island from afar if that counts. Let's get some non-California spots!!

    ReplyDelete