Thursday, July 24, 2008

Up, Up And Away!

Was this my lucky night or what!?!? I sat down this evening to check emails and happened upon one of my favorite sites clarkhoward.com. This guy lives in Atlanta and is a consumer advocate and gives tips on a variety of subjects, including travel. While browsing, I noticed posted airline tickets from Atlanta to Salt Lake City on Continental at an incredible price. I jumped on that information like a junebug in heat to see if I could find a ticket so that my sweetie could go with me to Utah in October to see our fantabulous grandson. (I already had a ticket from a previous "freebie" I needed to use). The price was so outstanding it was not to be believed. So, I'm typing in all the pertinent information about Joe and payment arrangements with quivering hands and afraid to move my eyes from the screen so as to not make a mistake. While doing so I'm bellowing at the top of my lungs for Joe to hurry and come. I'm trying to explain to him about the unbelievable ticket price and type at the same time urging him to cross his fingers that all goes through. At the conclusion of entering the data, I hit the "proceed" button holding my breath until da, da, da, dum!!!!! it is finished, completed, ended with the desired intentions. Joe is going to Utah in October too!

The downside to this is we won't be on the same plane - not even the same carrier. I will leave from Atlanta to Phoenix to Salt Lake City going and Salt Lake City to Phoenix to Charlotte to Atlanta coming home. Joe goes from Atlanta to Minneapolis/St. Paul to Salt Lake City going and Salt Lake City to Houston to Atlanta coming back. So, I think the Weaver's will have covered most of the United States in October. The fun part will be meeting up with each other at the end of each leg. Knowing our luck, there will be some freak early winter blizzard somewhere in some city and that will add to our excitement of being in the same place at the same time. Oh, and I did buy travel insurance this time just in case Joe decides to take another vacation in the hospital instead of flying.

Needless to say, by this time I am purely giddy with our good fortune of lucking upon this incredible price. I then wonder if that same fare is applicable to May of next year during the time of our annual family reunion. I decide to check it out and YEP!!! it is! So, once again with a dry mouth, heart palpitations, heavy breathing and trembling fingers (sounds a little erotic in some ways), I put in all the information for Corey and Nikki's possible tickets, after hurriedly calling them for how many days they could be gone, and voila I was able to book flights for them and Derek for next year at this incredibly, obscene low price! It's Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year for all of us! Thank you Continental Airlines!

So look out everyone at the Family Reunion. My children and fantabulous grandchild will be in attendance this coming year. No need to pass around the obligatory grandma pictures this time around. This could be my best one yet...the kids, Derek, Joe, my family and Aunt Rachel's chicken and dumplings! Could life get any sweeter? I think not. This will also be the opportunity for Derek to meet his great granddaddy for the first time, as well as all the other family members.

P.S. At the conclusion of my ticket purchasing, I called all the other "Utah Moms" here in Georgia. They are the ones who have children living up and down I-15 in Utah while the moms live here. I called everyone to let them know about the great fares and to hop on it quick! A short time later I went back on the website and found out - the fares had DOUBLED!!! Sorry for them, but there is the saying which is...You snooze, you lose! And, WE WON TONIGHT! Yes, it was our lucky night tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment