Sunday, July 13, 2008

Friends Are Like Chocolate Chips In The Cookie Of Life

It's been very humbling and gratifying in the last few weeks to discover who our friends are. We've been so blessed by the numerous phone calls, emails, prayers offered in our behalf, hugs, visits to the hospital, priesthood blessings, visits to our home, gifts of food, gifts of company and offers to do more. It's also been a great blessing to have my family support by shuttling and caring for Joe and their love for him.

The night before Joe's surgery, I got a phone call to meet a friend of mine who lives in McRae. Jill and her family were done in the area for a short family vacation. She called and wanted to meet so that we could get together to catch up on our lives. So, after telling a groggy Joe that I was off to meet Jill, I headed to Adel. While driving down the road, I spotted a rainbow and I took it as a good omen for good things to come in the next few weeks.




It was a great visit with Jill, Bob and the boys and a reminder of how great it is to have friends that are there for you if you need them. They were some of my friends who gathered much needed supplies for the Hurricane Katrina victims. With the help of their families and church members, they collected so many things that we took with us when we went to Waveland, Mississippi.

No comments:

Post a Comment