Monday, July 28, 2008

50 + 6 = My birthday


Yes, this is what I look like at 56 years of age at the end of a long day that started at 5:45 a.m. I didn't mention to Joe this morning that it was my birthday just to see how long it would take him to remember. He was dropped off at Mom and Dad's this morning to go for three doctor visits, no word of acknowledgement then.

I went on to work and was surprised there. Tami had bought me a very large birthday cake to share with lots of people at the plant. A special birthday email was sent throughout the plant so all day long I received congratulations. As I was leaving for the day, Tami presented me with a present - a sandwich maker. It's a neat little appliance that you can make all kinds of cooked finger sandwiches. Can't wait to try it out!

Nancy fixed me a 1/2 red velvet birthday cake (she was thinking about Joe's and my health - thank you Nancy). Joe had finally called me during the afternoon to sing "Happy Birthday" to me and took me to dinner at Longhorn's where I ate my fill of all-you-can-eat liver and onions!!! I know, I know, Longhorn's is a steak restaurant, but they have fantastic liver and onions for those of us who love it. Besides, with all that iron, I'm going to be like Superwoman.

1 comment: